Popular Posts

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Have you ever been stuck in an elevator?

Today was my first day of school.  I went from grammar class to the computer lab, which is in another building and the transition wasn't an easy one.  The elevator at the time was full, however one more student decided to get in.  Next thing I know we got stuck in the elevator, so we decided to problem solve and press the bell to get security's attention.  After we pressed the bell the elevator went down vastly before we could realize what was going on.  The student who came in at the last minute screamed at the top of her lungs; which frightened us to death.  It was the scariest 10 minutes of my life.  Once the elevator opened I was overjoyed to get out and glad to take the stairs.  My colleagues and I were laughing hysterically, because we couldn't believe we actually got stuck in an elevator.

Glossary:

1. Transition: To go from one place or thing to another
2. However: Statement used to tell the difference between two things
3. Vastly: large in size or quick in movement
4. Frightened: Scared
5. Overjoyed: Really happy
6. Colleagues: People that go to school with you
7. Hysterically: Cant control how you feel, whether your laughing or angry

Let's practice using these words in sentences.
Directions:
Write the correct word in the blank spot that best completes each sentence.

A. My car went __________________ down the hill.
B. My friend slipped on a banana peel and landed on his bottom; I was _______________ laughing.
C. I met with my _________________ for lunch.
D. I want ice cream, _________________ I did not have my dinner yet.
E. When I won first place in an agility race I was extremely _________________.
F. The _________________ I made from the room to the couch was not easy with a sprained ankle.
G. I was _________________, when I saw a spider outside my window.


Lets learn something new
Preposition Time!

Prepositions are words that tell location, or where you are according to an object.  Here are some examples to help you better understand.

1. The cat is on the floor.

2. The cat is in the basket.

3. The cat is beside the boy.

Practice finding prepositions in my blog about being stuck in an elevator, list as many as you can.  When you are done choose one preposition from one of my examples to make your own sentence.


1._____________________                                         4._____________________          

2._____________________                                         5._____________________

3._____________________                                         6._____________________


Here is a link to help you learn more about prepositions...Prepositions_of_Place

Click on this link to access the website.

Your sentence here

__________________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________________.

2 comments:

  1. Good entry! You even named your blog after the experience!I like your "Preposition Time" idea.
    Just check the definition of "vastly" to decide if you have it right or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never forget this day myself. Your blogs are great and you could also show your students "The Preposition Song", which I am sure they will get a laugh out of.

    ReplyDelete